Mmm Chocolate. Here is an easy and energizing recipe that is healthy in small quantities. Cacao (bean chocolate is made from) is rich in several minerals, fiber, protein, flavonoids and the stimulant caffeine. With the addition of the coconut oil, you will get a great energy boost without a crash. Best of all, this recipe has none of the crap they normally add as filler in most store brands. I encourage you to experiment and find your own favorite mix.
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Maple Syrup (Substitute honey or other sweetener)
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Melt 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil in a double boiler. I use a metal bowl on top of a pot with water on medium heat.
- Take melted coconut oil away from heat source and add 1/2 Cup of Organic Cacao Powder and mix until smooth.
- Add 1/4 Cup of Organic Maple Syrup and Dash of Cinnamon and mix all together until smooth
- Pour mixture into molds or other container.
- Put into fridge and allow to harden up. That’s it! Enjoy!
Experiment with different amounts of sweetener/cinnamon or add nuts or other ingredients as well.
Video sharing facts about chocolate and cool recipes: